Saturday 26 February 2011

Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum

Hey, guys!
Remember I told you about taking part in a great project, but  I kept it as a secret? Now I can tell you! The project is Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, which takes places in St Pete every June! Well, I'm not wealthy enough to be a real participant, but I might volunteer there. By volunteering I mean working really hard:) Since March till May there will be a preparatory course (lectures and trainings). today I attended the intro lecture and it makes me want to work there even more! We're going to learn everything about The Forum and its organizators, the way how LenEXPO (the biggest and the most prestigious place for  helding diferrent congresses in the city) system works, coordinting the work of mass media, business russian (or something like that, I didn't get it) and business etiquette. After completing the course we'll get the certificate, that veryfies the fact that we can organize international congresses very well - the dream of a person who studies International Management, I guess:) And also volunteers for Sochi 2014 will be picked out from the list of people, who has been working at this forum. Well, I'm not even going to speak about great base for networking:) Maybe I will meet the president or at least someone from Forbes Russia Top-100:)

These classes will be in the evening hours, so theoretically they won't interrupt my university activities. But getting back home at 10 p.m is not the thing I'm dreaming about. Hope it will worth it! The first (well, officially the second) class will be on 14th of March and my TOEFL test is on 19th, so everything is almost perfectly scheduled:) Participating at this forum is something that even my parents are approving of (which is such a rare thing! :D) I remember when I was at my last years of high school and there was something about this forum on TV, Dad told something like "Well, that's what students should do! Not just hanging out and going out to the clubs!" The only thing is, they are worried that I'll be too tired... Well, I'm worried about it as well....but I will try at least!

And also - tadam! - I have decided how my list of options for the exchange semester will look like!
1. Bocconi University in Milano
2. Rennes Business School in Rennes, France
3. Vienne University
4. NOVA University in Lisbon

Well, Vienne and Rennes can change places:) I don't speak neither french nor german, but french sounds nicer! At the same time there is a student dorm in Vienne and in Rennes you should rent by yourself, which is more confusing and a bit scary. Try to figure out this puzzle in the nearest future:)

Kisses,
Tanya

2 comments:

Angela said...

J'aime trop ton blog! Tres sympa!!!;) Bravo!
Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr

Maddalena said...

lovely!

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |